Dr. John A. McArthur, Associate Professor in the James L. Knight School of Communication, was named a Wiley Faculty Fellow this fall. The media release below was shared by Wiley Education Services about the announcement:
Wiley Announces Newest Cohort of Faculty Fellows
Eight University Program Directors Recognized for Their Innovative Work in Online Learning
Hoboken, NJ – November 14, 2016 – John Wiley and Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JWa and JWb), today announced the names of its fourth cohort of Wiley Faculty Fellows—a select group of distinguished faculty from the network of Wiley Education Services partner universities. Wiley Education Services is a top provider of online education solutions that broaden access to higher education and help learners realize their education goals. These Fellows have helped catalyze innovation in teaching and learning on their respective campuses.
This newest cohort of Fellows, all of whom are university program directors, will meet in person for the first time at the Online Learning Consortium’s 22nd Annual International Conference on November 16-18, 2016 in Orlando, Florida to develop projects that support the structure and mission of the Faculty Fellows Program. Each cohort in the program serves a two-year term and works closely with the cohort selected the year before before and after.
Based off their distinguished record of accomplishment in their profession as well as an enthusiasm for new pedagogical and technological approaches to their instruction, Wiley Education Services selected the following new members:
- Helen Dawson: Director of MPA, Institute of Local and Government studies at INLOGOV, University of Birmingham
- Bobby Goldwater: Faculty, Online Curriculum Advisor, Sports Industry Management at Georgetown University
- Kharon Denise Grimmet: Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Studies at Purdue University
- Tammy MacKinnon Lampley: Director Nursing Educator Program, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing at Sacred Heart University
- John A. McArthur: Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Programs, Knight School of Communication at Queens University of Charlotte
- Jenifer Norton: Online MSW Program Director, Center for Social Work at Widener University
- Steven J. Szydlowski: MHA Program Director and Associate Professor, Health Administration and Human Resources at The University of Scranton
- Sonja Walti: Assistant Professor, SPA Director of Online Programs, Department of Public Administration and Policy at American University
“Our intention in leading this initiative is to honor these educators and to advance their innovative work via collaboration with one another, as well as with Wiley Education Services,” said Managing Director of Wiley Education Services and Senior Vice President of Wiley, Greg Finkelstein. “By being a Faculty Fellow, we invite our members to share experiences and learn from each other. They bring the benefits of their collective experience back to their respective campuses, and facilitate the art of teaching within the broad academic community.”
Wiley Education Services began the Faculty Fellows initiative in 2013 to foster a community of practice among partners focused on innovative teaching and learning, and to guide the development of its evolving array of online, on-campus, and hybrid services and products.
Wiley, a global company, helps people and organizations develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Our online scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, combined with our digital learning, assessment and certification solutions help universities, learned societies, businesses, governments and individuals increase the academic and professional impact of their work. For more than 200 years, we have delivered consistent performance to our stakeholders. The company’s website can be accessed at www.wiley.com.
About Wiley Education Services
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions –whether that’s online, on-campus, or both – that address today’s higher education challenges. Through trusted collaborative relationships, we provide services, technology, insights, and content that support our education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals. For more information go to https://edservices.wiley.com/