Practitioners and students of Digital Strategic Communication are always looking for the brightest digital minds to follow on Twitter. As we know, sometimes the best minds are not always those with the most followers. These folks are some of the best at sharing their thoughts and linking their tweets to excellent information from a variety of sources. So, to all of you on this list: Thanks for sharing.
The International Superstars
- Pete Cashmore, of Mashable
- Brian Solis, of FutureWorks
- Amber Naslund, of Radian6
- Chris Brogan, of New Marketing Labs
- David Armano, of Edelman
- Corrine Weisgerber, St. Edwards University
- Barbara Nixon, Southeastern University
- John Maeda, Rhode Island Institute of Design
- Karen Russell, University of Georgia
- Danielle Stern, Christopher Newport University
- The Neiman Journalism Lab at Harvard University
- Edelman Digital, the “digital arm” of Edelman PR Firm
- The Pew Research Center, the “non-partisan fact tank”
- The Knight Foundation, “supporting informed and engaged communities”
- Howard Rheingold of Institute for the Future
- David Carr of the New York Times
- Seth Godin, blogger and author
- Dan Schawbel, of Millenial Branding
And, as always, you can find me @JAMcArthur.
That’s 19. For #20, I want to know who you would recommend. Feel free to leave a link in the comments below.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Linda and Linda , Danielle Stern. Danielle Stern said: I'm humbled yet proud to be included w/ such rock star tweeps. // 20 Digital Thinkers to follow: http://ht.ly/2AD8o (via @JAMcArthur) […]
Thank you for including Karen Russell – she was one of my professors at UGA and she’s always a go-to Twitter reference for me. I would like to add @garyvee, author of Crush It. Just a leading thinker, in my mind. Thanks for this list!
Thanks Lelia! I’ll follow @garyvee today, based on your recommendation.
Hey Mac- I just found your blog! I love it! I am in graduate school for educational leadership and my concentration is educational technology, so I love reading your posts about digital thinkers and learning! Hope you are well!
It’s nice to hear from you Maria. Thanks for your excitement about the site.
One of my focus areas for my dissertation was on Education and Technology. Let me know if I can help in your studies in any way.
[…] 20 Digital Thinkers to Follow on Twitter […]